About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jada Newhouse and I'm a Photography major at Sam Houston State University! I'm not very confident in my own work, but I hope to gain a lot from the WASH program. I have experience in both photography and graphic design thanks to High School yearbook and Dallas Teenage Newspaper. I'm a huge nerd who plays Pokemon and Harry Potter rpg games. I love Harry Potter (Love might be an understatement). I'm easily entertained and an overall great person to get to know! I look forward to meeting many others JUST LIKE ME! :)

Friday, March 4, 2011

Lecture assignment 3/04

In this photo is my grandmother and little sister. a. There was no purpose of taking this photo really, I just wanted to take a fun photo of two of my favorite people. I keep it because I thought it was a good angle, a beautiful day, and it shows the fun nature of my grandmother and sister. I chose it for this assignment because it was one of my first independent photo shoots. I would usually only take photos for my high school yearbook. It's significance to me is the relationship I have with each of them. Because they're my family, I keep them close to me at all times.
b. The emotional relationship is family. My grandmother for a long time was my closest family member, and my little sister is and will always be a little pest that I can't get rid of, but I still love her all the same. I think it influences the picture because my grandmother agrees with me about my sister being a little pest and that comes across in the picture because she's scolding her for being silly. It really makes me smile every time I see the photo.
c. I intended for this photo to be viewed as playful and bright, and the feedback I got from it tells me that I achieved this. I will definitely remember this in 10 years, it's been 3 already.

 This is a photo of me, taken by Haley Jo Horton, a dear friend of mine.
a. The purpose of this picture was I need senior pictures for my graduation invites. I keep it because I think I look all model like, and it was one of my favorites from the whole shoot. I chose it for this assignment because Haley is an excellent photographer and I think more people should see her work. This significance is the purpose of taking the photo, and the relationship with the photographer.
b. Haley and I are like sisters. I don't think it really influences the picture because it was a serious picture and usually Haley and I are very goofy when around each other. It makes me view the picture on a more professional level and sometimes I forget that it was just my friend who took them and not a highly paid photographer.
c. It was just for graduation invites and for friends to view. But I wouldn't mind if Haley used it later in her portfolio. I think I will remember this picture in 10 years because the day it was taken was one of the best days of my life with two of the best friends I could ever have.


a. I think the purpose of this photo was to show the playful nature of bubbles. It's not mine, I found it on the internet one day, and I thought it was perfect for this project so I found it again. The significance to me is the fact that bubbles are a part of my childhood, and many others.
b. I'm not sure what the emotional relationship is between the photographer and the subject. It looks more like an add type photograph, where the photographer just needed a model. I think it makes the photo that much more playful because there is no emotional relationship between the two.
c. Since I found it while looking for fashion photography, I'm going to say that it was intended to be viewed as a fashion add by anyone interested in photography. I probably won't remember this photo in 10 years because I don't own the picture, and I just found it on the internet one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment