About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jada Newhouse and I'm a Photography major at Sam Houston State University! I'm not very confident in my own work, but I hope to gain a lot from the WASH program. I have experience in both photography and graphic design thanks to High School yearbook and Dallas Teenage Newspaper. I'm a huge nerd who plays Pokemon and Harry Potter rpg games. I love Harry Potter (Love might be an understatement). I'm easily entertained and an overall great person to get to know! I look forward to meeting many others JUST LIKE ME! :)

Friday, March 11, 2011

Metaphor proposal #3

Teen Pregnancies: "Put a sleeve on it, or else!"


I couldn't really show this in my sketch but I would make one BIG condom out of many small ones, and at the opening there would be babies falling out.

4 comments:

  1. i think i get this idea. The words are substituted well and I think this idea could work but it would be challenging. I think an important element of replicating this idea is scale. I think if it was really big and had all these plastic babies falling out of the end then it would be very effective. I think people would understand the meaning without any help from words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea for this one, but you might end up running into some problems depending on the scale and how it is constructed. Regardless of scale, I would say start with an understructure. Experiment with rolled vs unrolled condoms. Would you use toy babies, baby dolls, or something else?

    The biggest issue might be how many condoms you can afford to purchase. I wouldn't recommend using used condoms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little ify about using actual condoms. That would be an awkward trip to the store, I was thinking maybe just using a semi-clear trash bag and then using either little toy babies or baby dolls depending on the size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea condoms are expensive! Thats why some many girls are getting pregnant because they cant afford them! Keep working at it, good idea.

    ReplyDelete