About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Jada Newhouse and I'm a Photography major at Sam Houston State University! I'm not very confident in my own work, but I hope to gain a lot from the WASH program. I have experience in both photography and graphic design thanks to High School yearbook and Dallas Teenage Newspaper. I'm a huge nerd who plays Pokemon and Harry Potter rpg games. I love Harry Potter (Love might be an understatement). I'm easily entertained and an overall great person to get to know! I look forward to meeting many others JUST LIKE ME! :)

Friday, March 11, 2011

Metaphor proposal #1

National Obesity:  This is typical dialogue with an overweight customer at the movie theater I work at.

overweight customer: Hi can I get a small popcorn with lots and lots of butter, and a large drink?
me: sure!
customer: You know, just go on and DROWN the popcorn in butter! Give me a heart attack.
me: Um, ok. Sure. 
me (under my breath): you might as well have ordered a large cup of butter. O_O



Basically I will have a small unbuttered popcorn, and a large cup filled with butter instead of a drink. Because basically, that's what these types of customers are ordering.

3 comments:

  1. Im not sure i understand this one. I think an effective approach to pushing this idea further would be to project to that person's death bed in the hospital. The operating room machines could be a metaphor for the butter they ate during their life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the message behind this one, but I would have the popcorn be the actual super buttered popcorn you described and the soda be soda. Then, label them something like "heart attack" or "diabetes" or "high cholesterol."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should show the effect of what this food can do to you. like DEATH! nice storyline, keep thinking, you have good ideas.

    ReplyDelete